The Post Office opened on February 1, 1907.
The first Postmaster was Hermann Nordik, who held the position from 1907 until 1913.
The town name was also spelled Engelfeld in early days.
Current population is 227
In 1909, Matthew and Gerry Herriges built the Englefeld Hotel, featuring a massive ornamental mirror in the tavern that had been shipped by train from Winnipeg. Tragedy struck in 1911 when diphtheria broke out in the hotel. Two of Matthew Herriges' children, Helen age 2 and Matthew Jr. age 11 died from the disease, as did a hotel employee, Maria Schmitz.
Historical information courtesy of Joan Champ